Original Sympathy Gift ideas
A good sympathy should be something that is unique; after all it is in honor of a one of God’s creations, a unique human being. A sympathy gift should be tied in some way to the person that has passed on. If they loved knitting, may sympathy throw would be a great choice. If the loved gardening, who not look at building a Memorial Gift in the back garden, a little sympathy stone mosaic from friends and family would be a lovely gift idea, maybe inscribed with an in loving memory poem.
Alternatively there are wonderful charities were you can lodge a sum of money, and it is loaned out, repaid in 3rd world countries. This is a sympathy gift that keeps on giving, as the money is lent out again and again. It is a nice way of letting people knows that their loved one is being honored by helping others.
One of the most potent sympathy gifts that you can give is your time. The period after a loss is busy, hectic after a while it dies down, but the loss is still there and people can feel very isolated at this stage. Marking a commitment to call them, stay in touch, visit regularly can be the best sympathy gift of all, they never have to know it, but it can mean the most.
Top 5 sympathy Gifts:
- Memorial Tree. I am a great believer in nature as beauty and what signifies that more than a memorial trees.
- Sympathy Blanket. Often hand crafted these are the ideal sympathy gift, a warming comfort.
- Sympathy framed picture – a nice picture frame goes along way.
- A sympathy Card can be a simple gesture with a wonderful message of hope and support in side.
- Sympathy gift basket ideas to make could be unique gift.